Green Globes, HIPPA Compliance, Joint Commission Accreditations & Certifications, LEED, Etc.
JT Environmental can help increase your performance by integrating new environmental, social and economical practices into your daily operations and business decision making. Sustainability provides an unprecedented opportunity to increase profitability, drive, and innovation, increase efficiency as well as attract and retain top talent. Turn good intention into profitable action while setting your business apart in the eyes of customers, prospects and employees.
We will help you on your journey with current qualified and certified consultants with over 20 years of healthcare and sustainability experience. We specialize in healthcare, corporate and regulatory compliance, product evaluation and waste audits. We can assist in creating or improving programs such as recycling, hazardous materials and waste management, pharmaceutical waste programs and energy efficiency. We provide a four step process to meet your financial and sustainability needs. We do not take a percentage of your profits or operating budget after our improvements have been incorporated. We are a service based company, and our goal is to ensure your satisfaction and that your sustainable needs are met. We always available, during any projects as well as after for follow up assistance.
JT Environmental provides clients with assistance to the following healthcare applications and standards:
- Green Globes - Is similar to LEED, but was developed as an alternative and cost cutting green initiative compared to LEED. Where some facilities are not able to be LEED certified, Green Globes can certify almost any facility if appropriate green updates have been implemented.
Three project types are available for certification: New Construction, Existing Buildings, and Interiors. Within this, there are four different ratings that can be achieved for earning a certification.
- HIPPA - The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act was created in 1996. It is a federal law that was created to ensure portability, administrative simplification, data security and privacy were held accountable. Portability protects and guarantees health insurance coverage when an employee changes jobs. Accountability protects health data integrity through confidentiality and availability.
Penalties/fines are in place not just for organizations, but also for employees that do not adhere to the HIPPA Act.
- Joint Commission - There are several types of accreditation that can be gained depending on the types of organizations. These include hospitals, doctor?s offices, nursing homes, office-based surgery centers, behavioral health treatment facilities, and providers of home care services. Many states even recognize the certifications meeting some or all of the needed local requirements.
- LEED® - Developed by U.S Green Building Council, LEED® (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) is the universally accepted green building system that covers all elements of a structure including: site, water, energy, materials, air quality, & design innovation.
Through implementing greener concepts, every building can move closer to creating minimal impacts on the environment. It can be as easy as automatic lighting, low-flow toilets, recycling, etc. Any building/site can be improved, by one step at a time.
JT Environmental Consulting is proud to have several LEED certified individuals on staff.
– Our certified consultants can also provide assistance with both on-site and off-site vendor auditing. –